It looks like someone else might be using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account (Microsoft Account)
Sometimes it happens that when you login to your Microsoft Account or Hotmail Account or Outlook Account, after putting in the User ID and Password once you click on sign in you get a popup “Someone Else Might Be Using Your Account…” Now this Problem is self explanatory that apart from you someone is also using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account or Microsoft Account. In this case you have to verify the ownership of your account before you can use it because of the unusual activity on the Account. If your contacts are receiving the emails from you, which you have not sent and you can’t even see them in the sent box, then the chances of someone using your Account is high. Now when you login to your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account and you see a Screen like this:
Then it is for sure that something suspicious is going on to the email account and this is because of the spamming activity going on to your account.
Now the question is How can someone get into your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account?
Now there are many ways how your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account has been Hacked or Blocked. Some of those are:
1) The device on which you are using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account has been a victim of the Hacking attempt and you accessed your Account on that device and now even your hotmail Account or Outlook Account is a victim of the Hacking Attempts.
2) Sometimes it happen that you receive a phishing email or some unusual email like “Your Microsoft account is running out of space, click on the link to increase the space” or “This is the Verification process, please provide your Email address Password and other details, otherwise your account will be closed” So when you click on the link or fill in the information which is asked in the phishing email, after that your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account gets hacked, the person who has send the phishing email gets all your account information and get the access of your account and after that they change the recovery options.
3) Sometimes it happens that you login to your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account from a computer which does not belongs to you, and by mistake you leave your Account logged in. Even in this case the person who has to access to your account can make some changes to your account and Hack into your account.
4) Sometimes it happens that you are using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account on a device which is running low on security. Now when you use your Hotmail Account on it your account might get Hacked or Blocked because of the infections present on the computer. Sometimes we use the public computers and that could be a reason why we get our Account Hacked or Blocked.
5) And the last reason could be, when you travel overseas and you use a different IP Address and a different Device to login to the Hotmail Account or Outlook Account at that time you have to verify the ownership of the email account, just to keep you protected.
Now the question is how can you prevent this or how can you stop someone using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account.
Basically there are few options to get your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account back, few of them are:
1) Active Recovery Options.
2) Recovery Code (25 Character Alpha Numeric).
3) Online Questionnaire.
4) Microsoft Online Chat Option.
Now the first step we need to do is Reset your web browser (Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and after that logon to a website “www.hotmail.com”. Now on the right side you will see boxes to type in your Microsoft Account User name and Password. Below that we have sign in button and just below that we have “Can’t access your account?” Click on the link. Once you click on the link you will get three options:
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft accountSelect the appropriate option from the above and after that click on “Next”.
Now once you click on Next it will give you a page where you have to type in your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account (Microsoft Account) with which you are having a problem, and then type in the special characters and then Click on Next.
Once you click on Next, now its time to verify your identity that you are the right owner of the email account by selecting the “RECOVERY OPTIONS”, You can select the Email or the Phone Number linked to your Account or If you don’t have the active recovery option then you can select the last option which is “I don’t have any of these” then click on Send Code or Next. The send code option will come if you have the active recovery option otherwise you will get the “Next” Option. Click on it and Type the Code send to your Active recovery option or Fill in the Online Questionnaire.
Tags: someone is using my hotmail account to send emails,someone is using my hotmail email address,how to fix someone is using my hotmail email address to send spam emails